LDS Church rolls 2 dozen more trucks of aid to Texas

• G L W8 SPRINGVILLE, UT
    Sept. 13, 2017 1:24 p.m.

@ Egyptian origins: "...what if the Church gets drained of aid, then it becomes Utah's turn to need aid?"

I don't question your fears. I don't know of anyone who has prognosticated exactly what will happen. But if what happened earlier with Katrina and Louisiana is any indication, if at all possible, the debt will be repaid by those getting help now.

"I don't know how much more America [or the world] can take, if the disasters line up and keep coming..."

That's the real fear, and would leave us depending entirely upon the Lord. Are any of us ready for that contingency?

Each of us might ponder Matthew 16:1-4 and determine where we as individuals fit into that picture--without judging others. Then make whatever corrections need to be made.

• Egyptian origins Salt Lake City, UT
    Sept. 13, 2017 10:54 a.m.

I didn't read if the LDS Church has also sent aid to Florida as well. It's clear that aid is required for at least weeks. All sorts of organizations and celebrities are raising money to help, but estimates say Florida alone is in the $Billions of damages and the government is only releasing $Millions for aid. I'm sure Texas is equivalent. I'm concerned about the National Guard's presence enforcing "curfews" and seizing guns as with Katrina. And I'm concerned about insurance companies, which if they don't get bail outs from the government like 9/11, will have to refuse people's claims, though the majority of people are now homeless and jobless. This has been a record breaking year for everything nature related. I don't know how much more America can take, if the disasters line up and keep coming, let alone how much more support the Church can offer. And what if the Church gets drained of aid, then it becomes Utah's turn to need aid?

• MrsH Altamont, UT
    Sept. 13, 2017 8:35 a.m.

6 years!
    I just never knew the scope of the recovery efforts.
    Bless all who are helping!

• ute alumni Salt Lake City, UT
    Sept. 13, 2017 8:19 a.m.

I really don't care if the church gets recognition. They don't care either, but I do care when they get criticism for "not doing enough, too slow, writing stories about it and every other thing that detractors" can think of.
    I happy to see the postive posts thus far.

• J-TX Allen, TX
    Sept. 13, 2017 7:19 a.m.

We in Texas appreciate those who support LDS Humanitarian Services. We'll do the ground work. 11,000 people on the ground last weekend, and every weekend until the Great Jehovah tells us the work is done.

• common sense in Idaho Pocatello, id
    Sept. 13, 2017 2:19 a.m.

I can't be there to help in person. But I am able to participate by donating to the church's humanitarian fund to help pay for supplies. Glad to do it.

• Seldom Seen Smith Orcutt, CA
    Sept. 12, 2017 11:51 p.m.

Beautiful! Fantastic! Well done!

• DN Subscriber Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Sept. 12, 2017 9:57 p.m.

Well done to every single person involved in this in any way!

Florida is going to need a lot of help too, although their needs will be different.

The LDS church's relief operations are nothing new, but sadly receive far less recognition than they deserve. However, the help is give freely, with no conditions and no expectations of publicity, which makes it even more admirable.