Amy Donaldson: Utah and Utah State earn what every football team wants — one more night under the lights

• 7 in a row! Ogden, UT
    Dec. 4, 2017 5:31 p.m.

Let’s see...

West Virginia (BIG 12, 5th place)

vs

Utah (Pac-12, 9th place)

I think Utah will manage to hold their own.

GO UTES!

• IrieUte west valley, UT
    Dec. 4, 2017 4:42 p.m.

northern_lights

Thats hilarious. West Virginia is "slightly better team" than NMS who hasnt been to a bowl game in 58 years. Don't make me laugh so hard, I have a cold.

Utes open as a 4.5 point favorite, now at 6.5. Go Utes!

• northern_lights Layton, UT
    Dec. 4, 2017 2:00 p.m.

"Utah State (6-6) will play New Mexico State (6-6) in the Arizona Bowl on Dec. 29, while Utah (6-6) will take on West Virginia (7-5) in the Heart of Dallas Bowl on Dec. 26."

Utah State has the better date. It's interesting that New Mexico State is playing Utah State in back-to-back bowls, 58 years apart.

Utah has a worse date, slightly better bowl opponent.

Good luck to both.

• mdp Bountiful, UT
    Dec. 4, 2017 11:06 a.m.

Good luck to our mediocre teams, playing in insignificant bowl games, to make out of State rich owners richer. Big Woop

• Tighty-Whities Draper, UT
    Dec. 4, 2017 9:55 a.m.

Weber State is the only Utah team actually playing for anything. Go Wildcats! Utah vs. West Virginia and USU vs. NMS are just two games that wouldn't even warrant television coverage if they weren't 'bowl' games.

I will continue to say it. Utah fans should expect more. A win by Whitt will allow him to continue his 'best bowl coach' legacy and will continue to convince our uneducated fans that we have a P5 coach...which we do not. I will root for my Utes, even though I know that propping up Whitt's legacy does not help us in the long run. #GOUTES

• red.diehard Central, UT
    Dec. 4, 2017 8:51 a.m.

All the Utah schools bowling (at least post season play), not a bad year.

• Juice Box Eureka, UT
    Dec. 4, 2017 8:21 a.m.

Yay! The Heart of Dallas Bowl!

What an accomplishment!

• Procoug Layton, UT
    Dec. 4, 2017 6:55 a.m.

I hope USU and Utah fans show up in droves. This is a great opportunity to show whether or not you care and are real fans of a team, even in a poor season. Good luck Utah and go Aggies.

• RR Omaha, NE
    Dec. 4, 2017 6:47 a.m.

The Home Loans Bowl? Nothing says great football like encouraging debt the entire game .

• Spoons lake tahoe, NV
    Dec. 4, 2017 6:41 a.m.

Meanwhile Weber State is on its 3rd extra game. Good luck Cats!