'There will never be another like him': Mormons, family say goodbye to President Monson

• windsor Logan, UT
    Jan. 14, 2018 3:11 p.m.

Just a question.
    Have had a couple of non-members and a member ask what was the green leaf curtain thing hanging down on the sides of his casket?

Anyone know??
    Have never seen this before-- and those asking the questions had never seen anything like this either.
    Thanks.

• bernand0 Spokane, WA
    Jan. 13, 2018 11:44 p.m.

Nice tributes all around.

I was surprised they didn't have his son speak. He seems like he would have some great stories to share.

• Cactus Pete Centerville, UT
    Jan. 13, 2018 8:34 p.m.

aPefectsixty - Salt Lake City, UT

President Monson set an example of how we should act. He developed that art of telling true stories to teach a principle.

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." - King James Bible

• Dot Northern Utah, UT
    Jan. 13, 2018 10:16 a.m.

Beautiful, beautiful service. And the music was glorious. Thank you to everyone who participated...

• aPefectsixty Salt Lake City, UT
    Jan. 13, 2018 7:20 a.m.

Why are selfies criticized when we wouldn’t know about Pres. Monson’s visits to widows if he hadn’t remembered them and broadcast them to the world from the platform of Conference?

• Grammy3 SOUTH JORDAN, UT
    Jan. 13, 2018 1:12 a.m.

Growing up I had the blessing of knowing President Monson and had been in his presence several times when he came to things like weddings and viewings for family members. His daughter talked about my Uncle Glen in her talk today. Because President Monson and my Uncle were very close I cherished a couple of experiences over the last four years being in his presence. My Aunt passed away four years ago and President Monson came to the family prayer and sit right next to my Uncle Glen I was only a few feet away from him and I saw him a few times and looked into his eyes. He looked at me a few times. To have that experience I will always cherish. Then Dec. 30th of 2016 my Uncle passed away. On Jan. 4th of 2017 was my Uncle's funeral. President Monson spoke at his funeral. Of course we were able to be there with the Prophet who was paying his respects to Uncle Glen. It was just a year ago and now they are both together again on the other side. I am sure that they are visiting each other. They had become good friends when they both served as Bishop's in the same Stake. I know that he was a Prophet of God I loved this great man so much.

• patriot Cedar Hills, UT
    Jan. 12, 2018 10:17 p.m.

54 years as an apostle. I have never known the church without him in the 12. It is a changing church and growing ever larger. The things he and pres Hinckley set in motion really accelerated the work of temples and family history so his passing is a milestone in church history that I will never forget. Pres Monson was unique ..as a man and leader. He was a smart administrator along with his compassionate service.

• ImABeliever Centerville, UT
    Jan. 12, 2018 8:05 p.m.

I never saw or met President Gordon B. Hinckley and know him to be a Prophet and I love his works!
    I saw President Thomas S. Monson a couple of times at General Conference center but never met him either.
    I know President Thomas S. Monson is a Prophet of God even though I didn't get the personality but then again I am originally from Northern California therefore have the typical laid back no-nonsense personality of people from there.
    The thing that I will always remember about President Thomas S. Monson is not so much his service but he constantly said people need to respect each other.

• PHJN25 Springville, UT
    Jan. 12, 2018 6:13 p.m.

A beloved giant of a man who shall continue to lead from the other side of the veil.

We love you, President Monson, and we love your family and the membership of the Church that you so well served.

Thank you from the bottoms of our hearts.

Andy & Debbie McKane

• JWB Kaysville, UT
    Jan. 12, 2018 5:25 p.m.

A great example of service to God, God’s, Son Jesus Christ. He was always a people person that went by the promptings.

His daughter is a tribute to him and his wife.