Did Willie Nelson sing the greatest love song ever? Styx thinks so

• Million Riverton, UT
    Feb. 14, 2018 2:41 p.m.

Imagine life without all the people wanting to get rid of the people not believing the way they do, be it Christian, Jew, Muslim, Buddhist, and the other 3000 plus religions.

• monkeybelly Magna, UT
    Feb. 14, 2018 1:34 p.m.

Stardust is my favorite but Moonlight and Roses by Jim Reeves is a very very close 2nd.

• Herbert Gravy Salinas, CA
    Feb. 14, 2018 8:23 a.m.

Of course, "the greatest" is in the EAR of the "beholder".

Willie Nelson's "Stardust" album has to be, based on sales, is one of the best ever recorded. I am quite sure it is multi-platinum.

Willie can certainly sing the old standards from The Great American Songbook.

"Moonlight In Vermont" (among others) is another personal favorite from the album.

Happy Valentine's Day to all.

😊

• hankel Butte, MT
    Feb. 14, 2018 12:02 a.m.

My vote goes to a relatively unknown song sung by (but not written by) Gordon Lightfoot:
    "My Love for You".
    -"and my love like the light above, shall shine eternally
    at the end of time, you'll still be mine
    and I'll be here with thee"

poetic and and beautiful - the only Lightfoot song I know of that has no guitar- piano only

• Rockyrd Gilbert, AZ
    Feb. 13, 2018 10:04 p.m.

Stardust is correct, but Nat King Cole’s version is far superior to Nelson’s version ( which I like) or any other love song ever written. A close second would be Some Enchanted Evening as sung by Ezio Pinza on the original soundtrack of South Pacific. Of course, I’ve just dated myself!

• TAS Tehachapi, CA
    Feb. 13, 2018 9:32 p.m.

Here is one I think is wonderful. "The Very Thought of You" written by the British big band leader Ray Noble. The best recording of the song is by Ray Noble band with the vocal by Al Bowlly, recorded in 1934.

• hankel Butte, MT
    Feb. 13, 2018 6:05 p.m.

Imagine's first line "Imagine there's no heaven" tells it all. A love song? Maybe for atheists.

• DudeDude Chicago, IL
    Feb. 12, 2018 7:25 p.m.

Imagine is the worst song ever written. What horrible lyrics. So bad it pushed Horse With No Name out of the bottom spot.