This Colorado couple sold all their possessions to sail across the world. Two days later, their ship sank

• 2close2call Los Angeles, CA
    Feb. 17, 2018 8:09 p.m.

This story is interesting. This young couple indeed has a lot to learn. No judgement from me as there is nothing wrong with taking the road less traveled.

They may still gain a lot of wisdom over time on that road, if they are humble and sensible enough to learn in the "school of hard knocks", that they will inevitably face. Sounds like they just finished lesson one. Good luck to them!

• skeptic Phoenix, AZ
    Feb. 17, 2018 8:17 a.m.

As they say, it is not smart to put all one’s eggs in one basket. Unfortunately, it seems that these people don’t have eggs, basket or common sense. And now their hope is to be better beggars than sailors. It seems not to occurred to them to get a job and pay for their own foolishness.

• WallE Walla Walla, WA
    Feb. 16, 2018 12:42 p.m.

Good sailors are the most self reliant group I've ever known.

With $90, no job, these individuals are looking for charity for another boat...

They apparently have no plan (or insurance) to clean up the mess they made with a fiberglass wreck that can't be far off someone's coast...

Let's just glad they didn't require an expensive and risky rescue by our Coast Guard, funded by the rest of us. Let's hope their GoFundMe pleas don't result in a more expensive rescue...

• Husker2 Aspen, CO
    Feb. 14, 2018 3:07 p.m.

This couple has made some very, very foolish decisions. It would be just as foolish for anyone to give money to their GoFundMe account.

Feb. 14, 2018 1:22 p.m.

Wow. Early 20s. Tired of working and just want to have fun? Apparently failed to learn how to sail well enough to make it more than a couple of days. No insurance. No savings. No jobs. And now wanting the universe to gift them money so they can try it all again?

These kids are the very embodiment of some really negative stereotypes.

I hope somewhere along the way they manage to learn what they need to know to truly live a happy and fulfilled life. And sailing or any other worthy hobby is no more than a tangential part of that.

• toosmartforyou Kaysville, UT
    Feb. 14, 2018 1:18 p.m.

"Nassau or Bust"!! Well, I guess it's BUST!! Or dare I suggest it, "Sunken Dreams!"

• IJ Hyrum, Ut
    Feb. 14, 2018 11:29 a.m.

I find it quite interesting that they took a chance, failed, and now want the world to pay for it so they can try again. Does anyone else find faulty logic here?

• UtahBruin Eagle Mountain, UT
    Feb. 14, 2018 11:12 a.m.

I find it ironic that he is quoted as saying "Money isn't everything" yet they have established a go fund me page to get money from others. I agree money isn't everything, but it is something, it is tangible, you do need it, and if they haven't figured that out now. Don't give these people another boat. They are not intelligent enough to make it. Give them some help and education instead.

• FactsRStubornThings San Diego, CA
    Feb. 14, 2018 10:56 a.m.

I guess we are not meant to just chuck it all and sail through life.