Mangum or Wilson?
Cougar Insiders podcast: Mangum or Wilson? That’s not the only quarterback question at BYU.
Two weeks into fall camp and still no starting quarterback. But Deseret News BYU beat writers Dick Harmon, Jeff Call and Brandon Gurney will tell you that’s not the only quarterback question worth discussing.
What about the merits of keeping the decision under wraps until taking the field in the Cougars’ opener against Arizona? Or the battle for the No. 3 spot on the depth chart? Word is that sleeping on freshman Jaren Hall might be a mistake.
Harmon, Call and Gurney explore these topics and more (top recruits to watch as the prep football season opens this week; who will be manning the center position for the Cougars; and what about all the recruits the Cougars have backed away from during the past 12 months).
All will be discussed and explored in the second installment of the Deseret News’ Cougar Insiders podcast.
- 34Is BYU’s optimism to be believed? ESPN contract, Wilson’s shoulder, grad transfer running backs and other takeaways from BYU media day
- 33Why Mark Pope was the right choice to lead BYU men’s basketball program
- 32Making sense of contenders, pretenders in search for new BYU basketball coach
- 31Taking inventory of BYU basketball program after another NCAA tourney-less season
- 30Will Yoeli Childs become the next BYU basketball player to leave early?
- 29Why gauging BYU’s recruiting class is complicated
- 28BYU athletic director Tom Holmoe addresses variety of issues in annual media roundtable event
- 27Why New England was the perfect landing spot for former BYU star Kyle Van Noy
- 26Was Taysom Hill properly utilized at BYU?
- 25BYU basketball woes — is problem lack of talent or lack of development?
- 24How did BYU football team fare during early signing period?
- 23Tom Holmoe's puzzling comment, recruiting chatter and why BYU not only needs to win its bowl game, but dominate it
- 22What's wrong with BYU basketball, right with BYU volleyball and new with Ty Detmer
- 21If BYU football were a stock, would you be a buyer or a seller?
- 20Detmer reminisces about emphatic victory over Utes in 1989
- 19Back-to-back 34-31 games added to BYU-Utah rivaly lore
- 18Top individual BYU performances in rivalry history
- 17Does BYU have ANY advantage over Utah?
- 16Many of the greatest games in BYU-Utah history went down to the wire
- 15Why NCAA sanctions against BYU basketball don't fit the crime
- 14Trying to make sense of futile final series against the Broncos
- 13Is there a disconnect between Kalani Sitake and Jeff Grimes?
- 13Zach Wilson, trick plays and early observations on BYU basketball
- 12What can BYU fans expect in Zach Wilson's encore as a starter?
- 12How the upstart Cougars found their groove
- 11Move over Tanner Mangum, it's Wilson time
- 11Baylor Romney or Jaren Hall? Who will get the nod for BYU vs. Aggies?
- 10Mangum or Wilson? Is the time right to make a switch at QB?
- 10When it comes to BYU football, predict the unpredictable
- 9Should BYU be wary of ‘perfect storm’?
- 9Is Jaren Hall ready, can run defense finds its groove, and will South Florida game be a dogfight?
- 8Can upstart Cougars hang with the Huskies?
- 8Questions aplenty as Cougars head into bye week after loss to Toledo
- 7Why BYU's win over Wisconsin was biggest in program history
- 7Takeaways and observations from BYU's 2-2 start
- 6Is now the time to make a switch at QB?
- 6When will we know just how good this BYU football team is?
- 5The BIGGEST win of the independent era
- 5What will the BYU-USC game come down to — and who will prevail?
- 4The Mangum decision, Dallin Holker’s impressive camp, and of course, season predictions
- 4What is the short- and long-term impact of losing to Utah — and will BYU rebound this week at Tennessee?
- 3Position battles, 'controversy' postmortem … and one very bold prediction
- 3Matchups, storylines and predictions heading into Rivalry Game
- 2Mangum or Wilson?
- 2Takeaways and surprises from BYU fall camp
- 1BYU football is back
- 1X-factors, concerns and why the opener against Utah is oh-so important