From basketball to football ... and points in between
Sports writers Dirk Facer and Trent Wood discuss the state of Utah basketball, spring football and other topics on the latest edition of the Deseret News Ute Insiders podcast. Utah football coach Kyle Whittingham is this episode's special guest, discussing this weekend's Red-White Game and a tie-in with the HayesTough Foundation and former Ute safety Steve Tate.
- 28What Ute fans should know heading into this week’s NFL draft
- 27From basketball to football ... and points in between
- 26Storylines and surprises from Utah spring football camp
- 25Big week on the hill for Whittingham, Ute football team; Ute men’s basketball team looks to take care of business at home
- 24How realistic is a first-round bye for the Utes in the Pac-12 tourney?
- 23Would an annual return to the top-25 rankings return fans to the Huntsman Center?
- 22Why this week’s road trip looms large for Ute men’s basketball team
- 21Is Utah football team clear favorite to win Pac-12 South title in 2019? (podcast)
- 20How did Utah football team fare during early signing period?
- 19Early returns on early signing period, what's wrong with Ute hoops and Mark Harlan talks bowl game and open OC position on Whittingham's staff
- 18What's the buzz surrounding Utah-BYU Beehive Classic matchup at the Viv?
- 17Here's what the Utes need to do to down the Huskies
- 16How Scott Mitchell and the Utes pulled off improbable, lopsided victory over BYU in 1988
- 15Spouses of three Utah football coaches talk rivalry, traditions and family
- 14Top individual Utah performances in rivalry history
- 13Shutout, shootout or blowout?
- 12Emotional wins and tight finishes highlight best games in Utah-BYU rivalry
- 11Can Utes take care of business against the Buffs?
- 10Will quarterback Jason Shelley rise to the occasion?
- 9How does this Ute team measure up to 2009 Sugar Bowl team?
- 8Breaking down the Utes' impressive three-game run
- 7Pac-12 South ramifications aplenty when Utes, Trojans collide Saturday
- 6Utah heading into the midway mark with optimism
- 6What was learned about Utes during nonconference schedule; looking ahead to Pac-12 opener against USC
- 5Is Utah in a must-win situation Saturday at Stanford?
- 5How much offense will Utah really show us against Idaho State?
- 4Why game at Wazzu is oh-so-important
- 4Rivalry Game observations, Zack Moss' rise up the Ute career rushing ladder and looking ahead to Northern Illinois
- 3Loss to Huskies no (great) cause for alarm
- 3Breaking down the Rivalry Game. Who has more to lose, Utes or Cougars?
- 2With No. 10 Washington next on tap, can Ute offense find its groove?
- 2How many wins will the Utes notch in 2019?
- 1Are the Utes walking into a trap at Northern Illinois?
- 1Is an undefeated season a realistic possibility for the Utes?